In line with GCS’s strategic planning the Geology and Exploration unit has been recently established and will complement the services that are currently offered to clients.
The Geology and Exploration unit will offer expert services at all stages of the exploration and evaluation sector of the Mining Life Cycle. With offices in Johannesburg, Durban, Pretoria (South Africa), Gaborone (Botswana), Windhoek (Namibia), Lusaka (Zambia) and Ostrava (Czech Republic) GCS is able to service all of Africa.
These services include Desktop studies, geological and prospectivity reviews of projects. We can provide expert advice and assist with designing multi-phase exploration programs to generate exploration targets. Geological analysis is an important component of early stage exploration that utilises geology, structural controls, geophysical datasets and/or specialised geochemical datasets to identify areas with the highest potential targets. Country and commodity assessment are also provided.
Mineral Tenure Management (SADC)
- Interpretation of Mineral Codes in SADC countries, access to information and advisory services.
- Assistance with new prospecting right applications (technical and legal)
- Management and renewal of prospecting and mining rights (technical and legal)
Exploration Management Services
GCS offers a complete exploration management service comprising planning, supervision, data collection, management & reporting.
- This will include field and drill program design, costing and logistics based on in-country experience and knowledge.
- On-site supervision and management of field work, drilling and logging.
- Custom design and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Integration of HSE (Health, Safety, Environmental) best practice on projects.
- Implementation and monitoring of QA/QC controls on projects
- Technical Reporting.
Detailed geological sampling, core logging and geochemical interpretation is used as the framework for building robust geological models that form the foundation of Mineral Resource estimates and economic models.
Integrated Base Line Studies
Early stage geological baseline studies integrated with baseline environmental data collection. GCS’s strength and expertise in environmental services integrated with early stage exploration planning will meet your needs in more creative and responsive ways.
Database Management Systems
- Collation and validation of historical data sets
- Data searches and capture
- Design and management of drilling databases
- Data hosting and security
Geology Exploration (893.3 KB)