- GCS was founded in 1987 by Andrew Johnstone after Dames and Moore South Africa had disinvested in South Africa.
- The company was initially established to provide groundwater-related studies. It has subsequently expanded its focus and now also offers Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Pedology, Geology, Engineering, Geotechnical and Environmental Sciences.
- Our head office is based in Johannesburg, with other operations in Durban and Pretoria as well as in Lusaka (Zambia), Windhoek (Namibia) and Ostrava (Czech Republic).
- GCS operates throughout Africa.
- While the majority of our work comes from the mining sector, GCS also operates in the private, industrial and oil and gas sectors, as well as government industries.