GCS has a vacancy for a Hydrogeologist / Groundwater Modeller in either Johannesburg or Pretoria Office. The position requires at least 6 years of experience in Hydrogeology and 5 years in Modelling. Qualifications requires is a Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Hydrogeology. An M.Sc. degree would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage complex groundwater projects and components.
- A good understanding of water related issues in the mining sector
- Fieldwork and subcontractor management
- Excellent data interpretation skills and formulation of hygrogeological conceptual models
- Conceptual and numerical models
- Knowledge and experience in reporting
- Assist in Marketing and Client development
- Mentoring of junior staff
- Solid Technical expertise
- Good numerical modelling skills
- Good project management and report writing skills
- Good communication and client skills
- Strong computer literacy skills (MS office, GIS, Finite Element / Finite Difference Modelling)
Senior Hydrogeologist / Groundwater Modeller (384.9 KB)