- GCS was founded in 1987 by Andrew Johnstone after Dames and Moore South Africa had disinvested in South Africa.
- The company was initially established to provide groundwater-related studies. It has subsequently expanded its focus and now also offers Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Pedology, Geology, Engineering, Geotechnical and Environmental Sciences.
- Our head office is based in Johannesburg, with other operations in Durban and in Lusaka (Zambia), Windhoek (Namibia) and Ostrava (Czech Republic).
- GCS operates throughout Africa.
- While the majority of our work comes from the mining sector, GCS also operates in the private, industrial and oil and gas sectors, as well as government industries.
- Our Services
- Groundwater Dewatering
- Flood Risk & Flood Line Determination
- Groundwater Resource Development
- Surface Water Hydrology
- Mine Waste Geochemical Investigations
- Mineral & Spring Water
- Mining Hydrogeology
- Numerical Groundwater Modelling
- Open Pit Depressurisation
- Stormwater Management Plan
- UGM CBM & Shale Gas Fracking
- Water Group Overview
- Aquatic Terrestrial and Wetland Ecology
- Environmental Authorisations for Listed-Activities
- Environmental Control Management and Officers (ECO)
- Due Diligence Audits
- Integrated Water and Waste Management Plans (IWWMP)
- Environmental Legal Compliance
- Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Mine Closure
- Mining and Prospecting Authorisations
- Environmental Overview – South Africa
- Environmental Overview – International
- Water Footprint Assessment
- Water Rights Transfer and Trading
- Environmental Water Use Licensing & Auditing
- Managing Environmental Compliance
- Contaminated Land & Remediation
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Renewable Energy
- Agricultural Services
- Current Projects
- Contact Us